What is it?
Premise Health is a company that provides on-site health services to employers. It has been sued by employees for a variety of reasons, including:
- Negligence: Employees have alleged that Premise Health employees have been negligent in performing medical tests, resulting in inaccurate results or injuries.
- Discrimination: Employees have alleged that Premise Health has discriminated against them on the basis of race, gender, age, or disability.
- Retaliation: Employees have alleged that Premise Health has retaliated against them for complaining about discrimination or other workplace issues.
In 2023, Premise Health is facing several lawsuits, including:
- Cahoon v. Premise Health Holding Corp.: A commercial pilot is suing Premise Health for negligence after he was fired for failing an alcohol test. He alleges that Premise Health employees improperly administered the test.
- Parker v. Premise Health Emp’r Sols.: A receptionist at a Premise Health clinic is suing for FMLA interference and retaliation. She alleges that she was fired after she requested FMLA leave for a medical condition.
Premise Health is a large company with a wide reach, so it is not surprising that it has been sued by employees. However, the specific allegations in these lawsuits are serious and deserve to be investigated.
Q: What should I do if I am an employee of Premise Health and I believe that I have been wronged?
A: You should contact an experienced employment law attorney to discuss your legal options.
Q: Can I sue Premise Health for negligence?
A: Yes, you may be able to sue Premise Health for negligence if you can show that the company owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and that you suffered damages as a result of the breach.
Q: Can I sue Premise Health for discrimination?
A: Yes, you may be able to sue Premise Health for discrimination if you can show that you were discriminated against on the basis of a protected characteristic, such as race, gender, age, or disability.
Q: Can I sue Premise Health for retaliation?
A: Yes, you may be able to sue Premise Health for retaliation if you were fired or otherwise punished for complaining about discrimination or other workplace issues.
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit against Premise Health?
A: The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit against Premise Health varies depending on the type of claim. It is important to consult with an attorney to determine how much time you have to file your lawsuit.
Q: How much does it cost to file a lawsuit against Premise Health?
A: The cost of filing a lawsuit against Premise Health will vary depending on the complexity of the case and the attorney you hire. However, most employment law attorneys offer free consultations, so you can learn more about your legal options without having to pay anything upfront.
- Cahoon v. Premise Health Holding Corp.: https://casetext.com/case/cahoon-v-premise-health-holding-corp
- Parker v. Premise Health Emp’r Sols.: https://casetext.com/case/parker-v-premise-health-empr-sols